Fresh tremors in Bhaderwah
Bhaderwah: Fresh tremors tonight shook mountain-locked Bhaderwah valley in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, triggering panic among locals.
The two low-intensity tremors rocked Baderwah valley and adjoining areas at 8.05 pm and 8.44 pm, a Met official said.
However, there were no immediate reports of any casualty or damage to property, an official said.
The tremors, measuring 3.3 and 3.1 on the Richter scale, created panic among the people who rushed out of their houses.
The MeT official said that the epicentre of the quake was 10 kms from Bhaderwah.
Today`s was 21st tremor in Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during the past one week, the MeT office said.
Two persons were killed, and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh