Fresh tremors in Bhaderwah
Bhaderwah: Fresh tremors tonight shook mountain-locked Bhaderwah valley in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, triggering panic among locals.
The two low-intensity tremors rocked Baderwah valley and adjoining areas at 8.05 pm and 8.44 pm, a Met official said.
However, there were no immediate reports of any casualty or damage to property, an official said.
The tremors, measuring 3.3 and 3.1 on the Richter scale, created panic among the people who rushed out of their houses.
The MeT official said that the epicentre of the quake was 10 kms from Bhaderwah.
Today`s was 21st tremor in Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during the past one week, the MeT office said.
Two persons were killed, and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video