Fresh tremors in Bhaderwah
Bhaderwah: Fresh tremors tonight shook mountain-locked Bhaderwah valley in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, triggering panic among locals.
The two low-intensity tremors rocked Baderwah valley and adjoining areas at 8.05 pm and 8.44 pm, a Met official said.
However, there were no immediate reports of any casualty or damage to property, an official said.
The tremors, measuring 3.3 and 3.1 on the Richter scale, created panic among the people who rushed out of their houses.
The MeT official said that the epicentre of the quake was 10 kms from Bhaderwah.
Today`s was 21st tremor in Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during the past one week, the MeT office said.
Two persons were killed, and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy