Fresh tremors in Bhaderwah
Bhaderwah: Fresh tremors tonight shook mountain-locked Bhaderwah valley in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, triggering panic among locals.
The two low-intensity tremors rocked Baderwah valley and adjoining areas at 8.05 pm and 8.44 pm, a Met official said.
However, there were no immediate reports of any casualty or damage to property, an official said.
The tremors, measuring 3.3 and 3.1 on the Richter scale, created panic among the people who rushed out of their houses.
The MeT official said that the epicentre of the quake was 10 kms from Bhaderwah.
Today`s was 21st tremor in Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during the past one week, the MeT office said.
Two persons were killed, and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders