‘Frustrated’ Pak soldier crosses over to India
Srinagar: A Pakistan Army jawan, who crossed over to this side of the Line of Control (LoC) Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested by the Indian Army on Thursday morning.
Identified as Aarif Ali, 19, the jawan was nabbed from Kirnia village in Poonch sector close to the LoC.
Ali has claimed that he belongs to the Charli Company of 22 Frontier Force of the Pakistani Army and was posted at Saifullah-2 post near the Indian border.
The defence ministry has confirmed that Ali is a regular Pakistani Army soldier.
At the time of his arrest, Ali was found in possession of a civilian Identity card, two SIM cards issued by two Pakistan-based cellular operators and Rs 13,300 in Pakistan currency. Interestingly, he also carried a leave certificate issued by Frontier Force. He had no weapons with him.
On further interrogation, Ali, he is the son of Bashir of Qwetta and that he crossed over to India as he was “frustrated” by the lack of basic amenities like electricity and sufficient ration, reports said.
Ali claimed that he and his fellow soldiers were also disturbed by the same, leading to his taking the decision to cross over to India.
A news channel claimed that he has sought asylum in India. However, other reports said that he will be deported back to Pakistan.
Official confirmation on the entire sequence of events is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?