‘Frustrated’ Pak soldier crosses over to India
Srinagar: A Pakistan Army jawan, who crossed over to this side of the Line of Control (LoC) Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested by the Indian Army on Thursday morning.
Identified as Aarif Ali, 19, the jawan was nabbed from Kirnia village in Poonch sector close to the LoC.
Ali has claimed that he belongs to the Charli Company of 22 Frontier Force of the Pakistani Army and was posted at Saifullah-2 post near the Indian border.
The defence ministry has confirmed that Ali is a regular Pakistani Army soldier.
At the time of his arrest, Ali was found in possession of a civilian Identity card, two SIM cards issued by two Pakistan-based cellular operators and Rs 13,300 in Pakistan currency. Interestingly, he also carried a leave certificate issued by Frontier Force. He had no weapons with him.
On further interrogation, Ali, he is the son of Bashir of Qwetta and that he crossed over to India as he was “frustrated” by the lack of basic amenities like electricity and sufficient ration, reports said.
Ali claimed that he and his fellow soldiers were also disturbed by the same, leading to his taking the decision to cross over to India.
A news channel claimed that he has sought asylum in India. However, other reports said that he will be deported back to Pakistan.
Official confirmation on the entire sequence of events is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today