‘Frustrated’ Pak soldier crosses over to India
Srinagar: A Pakistan Army jawan, who crossed over to this side of the Line of Control (LoC) Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested by the Indian Army on Thursday morning.
Identified as Aarif Ali, 19, the jawan was nabbed from Kirnia village in Poonch sector close to the LoC.
Ali has claimed that he belongs to the Charli Company of 22 Frontier Force of the Pakistani Army and was posted at Saifullah-2 post near the Indian border.
The defence ministry has confirmed that Ali is a regular Pakistani Army soldier.
At the time of his arrest, Ali was found in possession of a civilian Identity card, two SIM cards issued by two Pakistan-based cellular operators and Rs 13,300 in Pakistan currency. Interestingly, he also carried a leave certificate issued by Frontier Force. He had no weapons with him.
On further interrogation, Ali, he is the son of Bashir of Qwetta and that he crossed over to India as he was “frustrated” by the lack of basic amenities like electricity and sufficient ration, reports said.
Ali claimed that he and his fellow soldiers were also disturbed by the same, leading to his taking the decision to cross over to India.
A news channel claimed that he has sought asylum in India. However, other reports said that he will be deported back to Pakistan.
Official confirmation on the entire sequence of events is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened