Gear up for 2014 LS, J&K assembly polls: Farooq to party
Jammu: Buoyed by NC-Cong`s thumping win in the Legislative Council polls, the ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday exhorted its cadres to keep up the momentum and brace themselves up for 2014 Lok Sabha and state assembly elections.
"I congratulate party cadres on coalition’s convincing victory in the just-concluded Legislative Council elections.
"I urge them to keep up the momentum and gear up for 2014 Parliamentary and assembly polls in Jammu and Kashmir," NC president Farooq Abdullah told party`s Working Committee members here.
The outcome of the Legislative Council elections had strengthened the coalition, he said adding such a bond should also percolate to the grassroot-level.
Congratulating the winning candidates, NC working president and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said 2013 would be a year of consolidation for the party.
Party`s workers and leaders should take pro-active measures to strengthen the coalition and address grievances of the people in a focused organised manner in the run-up to the elections, he said.
Omar asked ministers and legislators to extensively tour far-flung areas, listen to grievances of the people and ensure their redressal.
The ruling NC-Congress coalition had bagged all the four seats in the polls to the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council under the Panchayat quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi