Gear up for 2014 LS, J&K assembly polls: Farooq to party
Jammu: Buoyed by NC-Cong`s thumping win in the Legislative Council polls, the ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday exhorted its cadres to keep up the momentum and brace themselves up for 2014 Lok Sabha and state assembly elections.
"I congratulate party cadres on coalition’s convincing victory in the just-concluded Legislative Council elections.
"I urge them to keep up the momentum and gear up for 2014 Parliamentary and assembly polls in Jammu and Kashmir," NC president Farooq Abdullah told party`s Working Committee members here.
The outcome of the Legislative Council elections had strengthened the coalition, he said adding such a bond should also percolate to the grassroot-level.
Congratulating the winning candidates, NC working president and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said 2013 would be a year of consolidation for the party.
Party`s workers and leaders should take pro-active measures to strengthen the coalition and address grievances of the people in a focused organised manner in the run-up to the elections, he said.
Omar asked ministers and legislators to extensively tour far-flung areas, listen to grievances of the people and ensure their redressal.
The ruling NC-Congress coalition had bagged all the four seats in the polls to the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council under the Panchayat quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked