Gear up for 2014 LS, J&K assembly polls: Farooq to party
Jammu: Buoyed by NC-Cong`s thumping win in the Legislative Council polls, the ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday exhorted its cadres to keep up the momentum and brace themselves up for 2014 Lok Sabha and state assembly elections.
"I congratulate party cadres on coalition’s convincing victory in the just-concluded Legislative Council elections.
"I urge them to keep up the momentum and gear up for 2014 Parliamentary and assembly polls in Jammu and Kashmir," NC president Farooq Abdullah told party`s Working Committee members here.
The outcome of the Legislative Council elections had strengthened the coalition, he said adding such a bond should also percolate to the grassroot-level.
Congratulating the winning candidates, NC working president and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said 2013 would be a year of consolidation for the party.
Party`s workers and leaders should take pro-active measures to strengthen the coalition and address grievances of the people in a focused organised manner in the run-up to the elections, he said.
Omar asked ministers and legislators to extensively tour far-flung areas, listen to grievances of the people and ensure their redressal.
The ruling NC-Congress coalition had bagged all the four seats in the polls to the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council under the Panchayat quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt