Geelani aide released from jail
Srinagar: Peer Saifullah, a close aide of hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani, was on Monday released from the Central Jail here after doctors advised him to undergo a head surgery.
Saifullah, who was arrested during the summer unrest of 2010, has been released following court orders and advice of doctors to undergo the surgery, a spokesman of the amalgam said.
The separatist leader was believed to be instrumental in framing the strike calendars issued by the Hurriyat during the 2010 summer unrest that left over 120 persons dead and thousands injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok