Geelani aide released from jail
Srinagar: Peer Saifullah, a close aide of hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani, was on Monday released from the Central Jail here after doctors advised him to undergo a head surgery.
Saifullah, who was arrested during the summer unrest of 2010, has been released following court orders and advice of doctors to undergo the surgery, a spokesman of the amalgam said.
The separatist leader was believed to be instrumental in framing the strike calendars issued by the Hurriyat during the 2010 summer unrest that left over 120 persons dead and thousands injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway