Geelani aide released from jail
Srinagar: Peer Saifullah, a close aide of hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani, was on Monday released from the Central Jail here after doctors advised him to undergo a head surgery.
Saifullah, who was arrested during the summer unrest of 2010, has been released following court orders and advice of doctors to undergo the surgery, a spokesman of the amalgam said.
The separatist leader was believed to be instrumental in framing the strike calendars issued by the Hurriyat during the 2010 summer unrest that left over 120 persons dead and thousands injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda