Geelani aide released from jail
Srinagar: Peer Saifullah, a close aide of hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani, was on Monday released from the Central Jail here after doctors advised him to undergo a head surgery.
Saifullah, who was arrested during the summer unrest of 2010, has been released following court orders and advice of doctors to undergo the surgery, a spokesman of the amalgam said.
The separatist leader was believed to be instrumental in framing the strike calendars issued by the Hurriyat during the 2010 summer unrest that left over 120 persons dead and thousands injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know