Geelani aide released from jail
Srinagar: Peer Saifullah, a close aide of hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani, was on Monday released from the Central Jail here after doctors advised him to undergo a head surgery.
Saifullah, who was arrested during the summer unrest of 2010, has been released following court orders and advice of doctors to undergo the surgery, a spokesman of the amalgam said.
The separatist leader was believed to be instrumental in framing the strike calendars issued by the Hurriyat during the 2010 summer unrest that left over 120 persons dead and thousands injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!