Geelani calls for strike after communal clashes in Kishtwar
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference headed by Syed Ali Shah Gelani on Friday called for a general strike in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday in the wake of communal clashes in Kishtwar town.
"We appeal to people of the state to observe a general strike tomorrow against the biased approach of the state administration in dealing with the situation in Kishtwar," spokesman if the amalgam Ayaz Akbar told.
He said the situation in the town is extremely "grave".
"The future course of action will be decided tomorrow after reviewing the situation in the affected areas," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls