Geelani calls for strike after communal clashes in Kishtwar
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference headed by Syed Ali Shah Gelani on Friday called for a general strike in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday in the wake of communal clashes in Kishtwar town.
"We appeal to people of the state to observe a general strike tomorrow against the biased approach of the state administration in dealing with the situation in Kishtwar," spokesman if the amalgam Ayaz Akbar told.
He said the situation in the town is extremely "grave".
"The future course of action will be decided tomorrow after reviewing the situation in the affected areas," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley