Geelani calls for strike after communal clashes in Kishtwar
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference headed by Syed Ali Shah Gelani on Friday called for a general strike in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday in the wake of communal clashes in Kishtwar town.
"We appeal to people of the state to observe a general strike tomorrow against the biased approach of the state administration in dealing with the situation in Kishtwar," spokesman if the amalgam Ayaz Akbar told.
He said the situation in the town is extremely "grave".
"The future course of action will be decided tomorrow after reviewing the situation in the affected areas," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir