Geelani put under house arrest
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference
Chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani has been placed under house arrest ahead of a rally planned by him in south Kashmir`s Anantnag town Friday.
"Geelani has been placed under house arrest since
last evening as a preventive measure," a senior police official said.
The Hurriyat hawk had called for a public rally in Anantnag town as part of his campaign to seek release of all
political prisoners in the state.
He was put under house arrest last week also as he had
called for a similar rally in Shopian district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest