Geelani put under house arrest
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference
Chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani has been placed under house arrest ahead of a rally planned by him in south Kashmir`s Anantnag town Friday.
"Geelani has been placed under house arrest since
last evening as a preventive measure," a senior police official said.
The Hurriyat hawk had called for a public rally in Anantnag town as part of his campaign to seek release of all
political prisoners in the state.
He was put under house arrest last week also as he had
called for a similar rally in Shopian district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY