Geelani`s statement can communalise Kashmir: Panun
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Saturday said separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani`s remarks threatening to launch a stir against government`s alleged plans to set up permanent facilities around the Amarnath shrine had the potential to communalise the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Geelani`s statement has the potential to provoke and communalise the people of Kashmir and recreate the atmosphere of Amarnath agitation days," President, Panun Kashmir, Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo told reporters here.
"The Amaranth pilgrims have been suffering unusually high causalties due to lack of appropriate facilities en route," he said.
Geelani had on Thursday threatened to launch an agitation after Eid-ul Zuha against the alleged government plans to construct permanent facilities around the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender