Geelani`s statement can communalise Kashmir: Panun
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Saturday said separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani`s remarks threatening to launch a stir against government`s alleged plans to set up permanent facilities around the Amarnath shrine had the potential to communalise the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Geelani`s statement has the potential to provoke and communalise the people of Kashmir and recreate the atmosphere of Amarnath agitation days," President, Panun Kashmir, Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo told reporters here.
"The Amaranth pilgrims have been suffering unusually high causalties due to lack of appropriate facilities en route," he said.
Geelani had on Thursday threatened to launch an agitation after Eid-ul Zuha against the alleged government plans to construct permanent facilities around the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video