German Ambassador meets Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: German Ambassador to India Michael Steiner on Friday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here and discussed various matters of mutual interest.
The rich tourist potential of Jammu and Kashmir particularly the scenic splendour of Valley was also discussed in the meeting, an official spokesman said.
He said the measures put in place by the state government and Centre for peace and development in the state were also talked about in the meeting.
"The German envoy showed keen interest in the new initiatives taken by Omar led government for good governance, transparency and public empowerment in the state," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi