German Ambassador meets Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: German Ambassador to India Michael Steiner on Friday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here and discussed various matters of mutual interest.
The rich tourist potential of Jammu and Kashmir particularly the scenic splendour of Valley was also discussed in the meeting, an official spokesman said.
He said the measures put in place by the state government and Centre for peace and development in the state were also talked about in the meeting.
"The German envoy showed keen interest in the new initiatives taken by Omar led government for good governance, transparency and public empowerment in the state," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh