German ambassador talks investment with J&K governor
Srinagar: Germany`s ambassador to India has discusses the scope for investment by his country in Jammu and Kashmir during a meeting with Governor NN Vohra here, an official spokesperson said on Saturday.
Michael Steiner, the German ambassador, called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan yesterday and spoke about the possibility of investment by his country to aid in the rapid economic growth of J&K, the spokesperson said.
The duo discussed issues arising out of the global economic slowdown and other topics related to the strong bilateral ties between India and Germany.
They also discussed the chances available for the youth of the state to pursue education at centres of higher learning in Germany along with the job opportunities open to them.
Vohra, as the founder co-chairman of the Indo-European Union Round Table between 2001-08, has had extensive experience of promoting bilateral and multi-lateral understanding between India and European Union countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender