German ambassador talks investment with J&K governor
Srinagar: Germany`s ambassador to India has discusses the scope for investment by his country in Jammu and Kashmir during a meeting with Governor NN Vohra here, an official spokesperson said on Saturday.
Michael Steiner, the German ambassador, called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan yesterday and spoke about the possibility of investment by his country to aid in the rapid economic growth of J&K, the spokesperson said.
The duo discussed issues arising out of the global economic slowdown and other topics related to the strong bilateral ties between India and Germany.
They also discussed the chances available for the youth of the state to pursue education at centres of higher learning in Germany along with the job opportunities open to them.
Vohra, as the founder co-chairman of the Indo-European Union Round Table between 2001-08, has had extensive experience of promoting bilateral and multi-lateral understanding between India and European Union countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test