German ambassador talks investment with J&K Guv
Srinagar: Germany`s ambassador to India has discussed the scope for investment by his country in Jammu and Kashmir during a meeting with Governor NN Vohra here, an official spokesperson said on Saturday.
Michael Steiner, the German ambassador, called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan yesterday and spoke about the possibility of investment by his country to aid in the rapid economic growth of J&K, the spokesperson said.
The duo discussed issues arising out of the global economic slowdown and other topics related to the strong bilateral ties between India and Germany.
They also discussed the chances available for the youth of the state to pursue education at centres of higher learning in Germany along with the job opportunities open to them.
Vohra, as the founder co-chairman of the Indo-European Union Round Table between 2001-08, has had extensive experience of promoting bilateral and multi-lateral understanding between India and European Union countries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India