German ambassador talks investment with J&K Guv
Srinagar: Germany`s ambassador to India has discussed the scope for investment by his country in Jammu and Kashmir during a meeting with Governor NN Vohra here, an official spokesperson said on Saturday.
Michael Steiner, the German ambassador, called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan yesterday and spoke about the possibility of investment by his country to aid in the rapid economic growth of J&K, the spokesperson said.
The duo discussed issues arising out of the global economic slowdown and other topics related to the strong bilateral ties between India and Germany.
They also discussed the chances available for the youth of the state to pursue education at centres of higher learning in Germany along with the job opportunities open to them.
Vohra, as the founder co-chairman of the Indo-European Union Round Table between 2001-08, has had extensive experience of promoting bilateral and multi-lateral understanding between India and European Union countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened