Girl commits suicide after being caught cheating
Jammu: A girl allegedly committed suicide in Rajouri district after she was caught cheating during her B.A. first year examination at Degree College Thanamandi, police said.
Rubina (19) committed suicide by consuming poison yesterday after a case of unfair means was registered against her, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajouri, Mubassir Latifi, said today.
The girl was reportedly caught copying during the English paper of her B.A. Examination and a case of unfair means was registered against her.
The girl`s parents had told the police that when Rubina returned home, she was upset and revealed the entire incident that took place at the examination centre.
Later in the day Rubina consumed some poison in her room, the parents said.
She was rushed to a local hospital, but keeping her condition in view the hospital authorities referred her to District Hospital, Rajouri, where she breathed her last.
An enquiry has been initiated in the matter, the SSP said, adding a postmortem was conducted and the body handed over to the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble