Girl commits suicide after being caught cheating
Jammu: A girl allegedly committed suicide in Rajouri district after she was caught cheating during her B.A. first year examination at Degree College Thanamandi, police said.
Rubina (19) committed suicide by consuming poison yesterday after a case of unfair means was registered against her, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajouri, Mubassir Latifi, said today.
The girl was reportedly caught copying during the English paper of her B.A. Examination and a case of unfair means was registered against her.
The girl`s parents had told the police that when Rubina returned home, she was upset and revealed the entire incident that took place at the examination centre.
Later in the day Rubina consumed some poison in her room, the parents said.
She was rushed to a local hospital, but keeping her condition in view the hospital authorities referred her to District Hospital, Rajouri, where she breathed her last.
An enquiry has been initiated in the matter, the SSP said, adding a postmortem was conducted and the body handed over to the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH