Girl commits suicide in J&K
Srinagar: A teenage girl from north Kashmir`s Bandipora district, who had set herself on fire on June 13, died at a hospital here on Sunday, police said.
The 16-year-old girl, allegedly in a bid to commit suicide, had set herself on fire at her residence in Paribal village of Bandipora, they said.
She was admitted to SMHS hospital here, where she succumbed to burn injuries today.
Her body was handed over to her family for last rites, police said, adding a case has been registered in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held