Girl gangraped in J&K’s Reasi district
Jammu: A teenaged girl was allegedly gangraped in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir following which two persons have been arrested, police said here Tuesday.
The 15-year-old girl was gangraped by Raj Kumar and his five friends last night in Mahore tehsil of Reasi district, they said.
A case was registered after which police has arrested Raj Kumar and his friend Ramesh Kumar. A manhunt is on to nab others.
Washington: The WikiLeaks expose of over 90,000 uncensored intelligence documents is likely to lead to more controls in intelligence gathering in war-ravaged Afghanistan, says an expert.
Bruce Riedel, senior fellow, foreign policy at Brookings Institute, wrote that intelligence sharing is absolutely critical, but "if there are doubts as to who can keep a secret, there will be pressure to pool information more closely".
Following 9/11 "there was an enormous shift in the way that counter-terrorism intelligence was shared".
"No threat goes unreported now and intelligence goes to the maximum number of potential consumers because nobody wants to be blamed for a second 9/11; for having the piece of information about the guy who wanted to learn how to take off in an aeroplane but not how to land it."
Riedel pointed out that the WikiLeaks expose of Afghanistan was "likely to lead to more controls to prevent self-proclaimed whistleblowers from gaining access to this kind of information".
He wrote that the second ramification will be with friends and allies of the US, particularly the Pakistanis who are going to look at this and say: "We may be duplicitous, but at least we can keep a secret".
Another damning observation is that in Afghanistan, "the story is likely to be widely spread that if you tell the Americans anything, it will show up on a computer somewhere with your name on it and the Taliban can come after you".
"That`s going to have a chilling effect on intelligence gathering in Afghanistan. It will make very tough intelligence channels even more difficult."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview