Girl gangraped in J&K’s Reasi district
Jammu: A teenaged girl was allegedly gangraped in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir following which two persons have been arrested, police said here Tuesday.
The 15-year-old girl was gangraped by Raj Kumar and his five friends last night in Mahore tehsil of Reasi district, they said.
A case was registered after which police has arrested Raj Kumar and his friend Ramesh Kumar. A manhunt is on to nab others.
Washington: The WikiLeaks expose of over 90,000 uncensored intelligence documents is likely to lead to more controls in intelligence gathering in war-ravaged Afghanistan, says an expert.
Bruce Riedel, senior fellow, foreign policy at Brookings Institute, wrote that intelligence sharing is absolutely critical, but "if there are doubts as to who can keep a secret, there will be pressure to pool information more closely".
Following 9/11 "there was an enormous shift in the way that counter-terrorism intelligence was shared".
"No threat goes unreported now and intelligence goes to the maximum number of potential consumers because nobody wants to be blamed for a second 9/11; for having the piece of information about the guy who wanted to learn how to take off in an aeroplane but not how to land it."
Riedel pointed out that the WikiLeaks expose of Afghanistan was "likely to lead to more controls to prevent self-proclaimed whistleblowers from gaining access to this kind of information".
He wrote that the second ramification will be with friends and allies of the US, particularly the Pakistanis who are going to look at this and say: "We may be duplicitous, but at least we can keep a secret".
Another damning observation is that in Afghanistan, "the story is likely to be widely spread that if you tell the Americans anything, it will show up on a computer somewhere with your name on it and the Taliban can come after you".
"That`s going to have a chilling effect on intelligence gathering in Afghanistan. It will make very tough intelligence channels even more difficult."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read