Girl killed in blast in Kashmir
Srinagar: A teenaged girl was killed and two of her friends were injured in an explosion in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said.
Fourteen-year-old Nuzhat was killed on the spot after an explosive device, suspected to be a hand grenade, went off when she was collecting firewood in the forest area of Lolab in Kupwara, the police said.
Two other girls - Shaista and Kulsuma - were injured in the blast, the police said adding the injured were shifted to a hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress