Girl killed in blast in Kashmir
Srinagar: A teenaged girl was killed and two of her friends were injured in an explosion in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said.
Fourteen-year-old Nuzhat was killed on the spot after an explosive device, suspected to be a hand grenade, went off when she was collecting firewood in the forest area of Lolab in Kupwara, the police said.
Two other girls - Shaista and Kulsuma - were injured in the blast, the police said adding the injured were shifted to a hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband