Girl raped in Rajouri, shifted to Jammu for treatment
Jammu: A girl was allegedly raped by an unidentified SUV driver and later dumped near the district hospital in Rajouri of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Wednesday.
The victim, a resident of Dharal area in the district, was raped last evening by the accused from whom she had asked for a lift, DSP, Chowkian Dharal, Musadiq Basu said.
Later, she was dumped near the hospital, he said.
The victim, who was admitted to the hospital, was later referred to SMGS Hospital in Jammu. The doctors there again referred the girl to Government Hospital in Sarwal, Basu said.
Meanwhile, though the victim`s father claimed that her daughter`s age is 21 but the police officials contended that the girl appears to be 15-16 years old.
A case has been registered in this regard while efforts are on to establish the identity of the accused, the DSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment