Girl raped in Rajouri, shifted to Jammu for treatment
Jammu: A girl was allegedly raped by an unidentified SUV driver and later dumped near the district hospital in Rajouri of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Wednesday.
The victim, a resident of Dharal area in the district, was raped last evening by the accused from whom she had asked for a lift, DSP, Chowkian Dharal, Musadiq Basu said.
Later, she was dumped near the hospital, he said.
The victim, who was admitted to the hospital, was later referred to SMGS Hospital in Jammu. The doctors there again referred the girl to Government Hospital in Sarwal, Basu said.
Meanwhile, though the victim`s father claimed that her daughter`s age is 21 but the police officials contended that the girl appears to be 15-16 years old.
A case has been registered in this regard while efforts are on to establish the identity of the accused, the DSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand