Girl snuffs out her life in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: A 17-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by swallowing some poisonous substance at her home in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, police said on Wednesday.
The girl snuffed out her life early yesterday at her home in Nowgran Pingal at Boniyar, 100-km from here, police said.
She was first rushed to nearby Primary Health Centre and later referred to the Baramulla District Hospital where she breathed her last, they said.
The motive behind her taking the extreme step was not immediately ascertained, police said adding the body had been handed over to the family after completion of all medico-legal formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Have broken middlemen-Defence Ministry nexus: Manohar Parrikar
- 23 new doping failures from 2012 London Olympic Games: IOC
- Hamid Ansari's Morocco visit will boost strategic partnership with India: Larbi Reffouh
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome: Iran
- Listen to the government, Bajrang Dal is not BJP, says Amit Shah