Girl snuffs out her life in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: A 17-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by swallowing some poisonous substance at her home in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, police said on Wednesday.
The girl snuffed out her life early yesterday at her home in Nowgran Pingal at Boniyar, 100-km from here, police said.
She was first rushed to nearby Primary Health Centre and later referred to the Baramulla District Hospital where she breathed her last, they said.
The motive behind her taking the extreme step was not immediately ascertained, police said adding the body had been handed over to the family after completion of all medico-legal formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional