Girl snuffs out her life in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: A 17-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by swallowing some poisonous substance at her home in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, police said on Wednesday.
The girl snuffed out her life early yesterday at her home in Nowgran Pingal at Boniyar, 100-km from here, police said.
She was first rushed to nearby Primary Health Centre and later referred to the Baramulla District Hospital where she breathed her last, they said.
The motive behind her taking the extreme step was not immediately ascertained, police said adding the body had been handed over to the family after completion of all medico-legal formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch