Go for Yoga to check temper, minister advices politicos
Jammu: Asking politicians to keep a check on their aggression, a Jammu and Kashmir minister Monday advised them to practice Yoga as it will help them control their temper and respond to public needs more responsibly.
"Politicians should practice Yoga to meet challenges with fortitude and compassion, thus helping themselves serve the humanity in a better way," Medical Education and Sports Minister R S Chib said here.
The minister, speaking after inaugurating a four-day scouts and guides training camp, said Yoga keeps stress at bay, making it possible to take quick and better decisions.
Chib also advised the students to adopt meditation as an instrument to shape themselves into responsible future citizens.
Praising events on physical fitness, Chib said such initiatives are "need of the hour" at a time when people have "forgotten human values" and are running behind "worldly pleasures."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!