Go for Yoga to check temper, minister advices politicos
Jammu: Asking politicians to keep a check on their aggression, a Jammu and Kashmir minister Monday advised them to practice Yoga as it will help them control their temper and respond to public needs more responsibly.
"Politicians should practice Yoga to meet challenges with fortitude and compassion, thus helping themselves serve the humanity in a better way," Medical Education and Sports Minister R S Chib said here.
The minister, speaking after inaugurating a four-day scouts and guides training camp, said Yoga keeps stress at bay, making it possible to take quick and better decisions.
Chib also advised the students to adopt meditation as an instrument to shape themselves into responsible future citizens.
Praising events on physical fitness, Chib said such initiatives are "need of the hour" at a time when people have "forgotten human values" and are running behind "worldly pleasures."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what