Go for Yoga to check temper, minister advices politicos
Jammu: Asking politicians to keep a check on their aggression, a Jammu and Kashmir minister Monday advised them to practice Yoga as it will help them control their temper and respond to public needs more responsibly.
"Politicians should practice Yoga to meet challenges with fortitude and compassion, thus helping themselves serve the humanity in a better way," Medical Education and Sports Minister R S Chib said here.
The minister, speaking after inaugurating a four-day scouts and guides training camp, said Yoga keeps stress at bay, making it possible to take quick and better decisions.
Chib also advised the students to adopt meditation as an instrument to shape themselves into responsible future citizens.
Praising events on physical fitness, Chib said such initiatives are "need of the hour" at a time when people have "forgotten human values" and are running behind "worldly pleasures."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'