Go for Yoga to check temper, minister advices politicos
Jammu: Asking politicians to keep a check on their aggression, a Jammu and Kashmir minister Monday advised them to practice Yoga as it will help them control their temper and respond to public needs more responsibly.
"Politicians should practice Yoga to meet challenges with fortitude and compassion, thus helping themselves serve the humanity in a better way," Medical Education and Sports Minister R S Chib said here.
The minister, speaking after inaugurating a four-day scouts and guides training camp, said Yoga keeps stress at bay, making it possible to take quick and better decisions.
Chib also advised the students to adopt meditation as an instrument to shape themselves into responsible future citizens.
Praising events on physical fitness, Chib said such initiatives are "need of the hour" at a time when people have "forgotten human values" and are running behind "worldly pleasures."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city