Government office timings changed in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: At the onset of winter, Jammu and Kashmir government has changed the working hours of all public departments in the valley from Friday.
The working hours in all government offices and institution, except schools, will be from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm with effect from today, an official spokesman quoted a circular from Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir.
The timings would remain in force till March 31 next year, he said.
The school timings for both government and recognised private schools within the Srinagar Municipal limits will be from 10 am to 3 pm, said Director of School Education Kashmir in a statement.
The timings for educational institutions outside Srinagar Municipal limits shall be from 11 am to 4 pm, it said.
The head of departments, offices, institutions and schools will ensure strict adherence of the office timings, the spokesman said.
The state government changes the timing of the offices and educational institutions every year with the onset of winter in the valley. The timings are changed again in April when the winters end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest