Government office timings changed in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: At the onset of winter, Jammu and Kashmir government has changed the working hours of all public departments in the valley from Friday.
The working hours in all government offices and institution, except schools, will be from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm with effect from today, an official spokesman quoted a circular from Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir.
The timings would remain in force till March 31 next year, he said.
The school timings for both government and recognised private schools within the Srinagar Municipal limits will be from 10 am to 3 pm, said Director of School Education Kashmir in a statement.
The timings for educational institutions outside Srinagar Municipal limits shall be from 11 am to 4 pm, it said.
The head of departments, offices, institutions and schools will ensure strict adherence of the office timings, the spokesman said.
The state government changes the timing of the offices and educational institutions every year with the onset of winter in the valley. The timings are changed again in April when the winters end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB