Government office timings changed in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: At the onset of winter, Jammu and Kashmir government has changed the working hours of all public departments in the valley from Friday.
The working hours in all government offices and institution, except schools, will be from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm with effect from today, an official spokesman quoted a circular from Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir.
The timings would remain in force till March 31 next year, he said.
The school timings for both government and recognised private schools within the Srinagar Municipal limits will be from 10 am to 3 pm, said Director of School Education Kashmir in a statement.
The timings for educational institutions outside Srinagar Municipal limits shall be from 11 am to 4 pm, it said.
The head of departments, offices, institutions and schools will ensure strict adherence of the office timings, the spokesman said.
The state government changes the timing of the offices and educational institutions every year with the onset of winter in the valley. The timings are changed again in April when the winters end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'