Governor reviews preparations for Amarnath yatra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Thursday undertook a fresh aerial reconnaissance of both
the routes leading to the Amarnath cave shrine and reviewed
arrangements at Pahalgam and Baltal halting stations for the
annual yatra beginning on June 29.
Accompanied by Chief Executive Officer of the Shri
Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) R K Goyal and Additional CEO
Preet Pal Singh, the governor flew from Srinagar for an aerial
survey of the track upto Panjtarni, the last halting station
en route to the 3880-metre high cave in south Kashmir
Himalayas, an official spokesman said.
At the Panjtarni Camp, the governor, who is also the
chairman of SASB, spent an hour-and-a-half to review the
yatra-related arrangements, particularly with regard to water
and power supply and sanitation.
He directed that all arrangements for the yatra must
be positioned as per the envisaged timelines and reiterated
the need for very close coordination at all levels to
facilitate the visiting yatris (pilgrims).
Development Authority personnel deployed at the camp.
The Governor also had aerial reconnaissance of the
On reaching Baltal, the governor went around the
Baltal base camp for nearly two hours for a detailed review of
the facilities and arrangements being made for ensuring a
smooth pilgrimage for devotees, the spokesman said.
Interacting with the officers of the SASB, district
administration and the security forces, Vohra reiterated that
the safety, security and comfort of the yatris must receive
foremost attention while positioning the various yatra-related
At the base camp, the governor directed officials to
accord utmost importance to sanitation and cleanliness.
On this occasion, the CEO informed the governor that
the Langar (community kitchen) providers are expected to reach
the base camps in the coming week.
He said nearly 2.29 yatris have so far secured their
yatra Permits through 149 designated bank branches across the
country and Internet-based e-registration facility, for
undertaking the 45-day long pilgrimage scheduled to commence
on June 29.
The governor, who has been monitoring the arrangements
on a daily basis to ensure their completion within the set
time frame, had already visited the Baltal and Nunwan base
camps, and undertaken aerial reconnaissance during the past
weeks to review the track clearance work and completion of
arrangements on the ground well ahead of the commencement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA