Govt aware of Pak elements provoking J&K citizens
New Delhi: Government today said it was
aware of anti-India elements based in Pakistan provoking the
people of Jammu and Kashmir with the support of certain
sections of secessionist groups based in the state.
Minister of State for Home Ajay Maken informed the Rajya
Sabha that these anti-India elements were provoking people on
various pretexts to arouse public sentiments.
"The statements of All Party Hurriyat Conference (Abbas)
and All Party Hurriyat Conference (Geelani) in the media and
LeT across the border in this regard are documented," he said.
Maken said the average annual quantum of arms and
ammunition and money coming to Kashmir cannot be quantified
but during 2009, Rs 76,84,600 and cheques worth of Rs 50,000
has been seized, which was being carried through hawala
channels and cases have been registered.
During 2009, 668 AK-47 and 56 Rifles, Pika Guns, Sniper
Rifles etc, 1,142 Magazines, 59,333 ammunitions including RPG
Ammunition etc., explosive material including RDX, explosive
material, India currency Rs 56,15,071, Pakistani currency,
fake currency, remote control panels etc. were recovered from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police