Govt giving final touches to rehabilitation policy: J&K CM
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said his government was giving "final
touches" to the policy aimed at rehabilitating youths who had
crossed over to PoK but were not involved in militancy and now
wanted to return to the state.
"We are giving final touches to the draft policy for
rehabilitation of youths," he said and thanked Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram for recognising the need for such a
course of action.
Taking potshots at Opposition PDP on the issue, Abdullah
alleged it did not oppose a similar policy tabled by CPI(M)
MLA M Y Tarigami in the Legislative Assembly during its rule.
He reiterated his government`s commitment to uphold
human rights at all costs and cited the handing over of BSF
personnel accused of killing a teenager to the state police
"This shows our government`s firm commitment to uphold
human rights and pursue a policy of zero tolerance against
their violation under any circumstances," he told a public
meeting at Devsar, 80-km from here.
Zahid Farooq, aged 16, was killed allegedly by the BSF
near his house at Brein locality on the banks of Dal Lake on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert