Govt high school in Budgam undergoes renovation
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government, in its efforts to boost the education system in the Valley, is taking various steps to improve educational infrastructure in far flung areas.
In one such attempt, the authorities have started major up gradation of the government middle school in central Kashmir`s Budgam district some 46 kilometers from Srinagar.
The oldest school in the area had very poor infrastructure and the education in this school used to suffer a lot.
But the school administration is now constructing a wall around the school and has also constructed new bathrooms for the students with the funding available to it.
The students, while welcoming the renovation, said that earlier they used to face many problems as there was no wall around the school and stray animals often used to roam in the school premises which created many hindrances in their studies.
The students also used to suffer due to the non availability of bathrooms.
The administration has now said that the work on the wall is in full swing and is likely to be completed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies