Govt high school in Budgam undergoes renovation
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government, in its efforts to boost the education system in the Valley, is taking various steps to improve educational infrastructure in far flung areas.
In one such attempt, the authorities have started major up gradation of the government middle school in central Kashmir`s Budgam district some 46 kilometers from Srinagar.
The oldest school in the area had very poor infrastructure and the education in this school used to suffer a lot.
But the school administration is now constructing a wall around the school and has also constructed new bathrooms for the students with the funding available to it.
The students, while welcoming the renovation, said that earlier they used to face many problems as there was no wall around the school and stray animals often used to roam in the school premises which created many hindrances in their studies.
The students also used to suffer due to the non availability of bathrooms.
The administration has now said that the work on the wall is in full swing and is likely to be completed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate