Govt mulling implementation of Madarasa Act in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government is mulling implementation Madarasa Act so that all madarsa schools in the state became entitled to financial assistance from the National Commission for Minorities (NCM).
"The Government is contemplating implementation of the Madarasa Act in the state on the analogy of Uttar Pardesh, Bihar and other states so that such schools in the state become entitled for financial assistance from the NCM," Haj and Waqf Minister Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said here today.
Sayeed also said there was need to blend school curriculum with moral and religious education to instill right values.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?