Govt mulling implementation of Madarasa Act in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government is mulling implementation Madarasa Act so that all madarsa schools in the state became entitled to financial assistance from the National Commission for Minorities (NCM).
"The Government is contemplating implementation of the Madarasa Act in the state on the analogy of Uttar Pardesh, Bihar and other states so that such schools in the state become entitled for financial assistance from the NCM," Haj and Waqf Minister Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said here today.
Sayeed also said there was need to blend school curriculum with moral and religious education to instill right values.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday