Govt mulling implementation of Madarasa Act in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government is mulling implementation Madarasa Act so that all madarsa schools in the state became entitled to financial assistance from the National Commission for Minorities (NCM).
"The Government is contemplating implementation of the Madarasa Act in the state on the analogy of Uttar Pardesh, Bihar and other states so that such schools in the state become entitled for financial assistance from the NCM," Haj and Waqf Minister Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said here today.
Sayeed also said there was need to blend school curriculum with moral and religious education to instill right values.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference