Govt mulling implementation of Madarasa Act in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government is mulling implementation Madarasa Act so that all madarsa schools in the state became entitled to financial assistance from the National Commission for Minorities (NCM).
"The Government is contemplating implementation of the Madarasa Act in the state on the analogy of Uttar Pardesh, Bihar and other states so that such schools in the state become entitled for financial assistance from the NCM," Haj and Waqf Minister Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said here today.
Sayeed also said there was need to blend school curriculum with moral and religious education to instill right values.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY