Govt mulls giving relaxation to Leh people in ITBP, BSF jobs
Srinagar: Union Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said Centre would consider giving a relaxation in physical standard and qualifications to the people of borders areas in Leh so that they can be recruited in ITBP, BSF and other central security forces.
Shinde said this while interacting with media persons after inaugurating a solar power system in Leh, 434 kms from here.
The power system would cater to the power demands of the people living in these border areas, he said.
The Union Home minister also said that the area has got tremendous potential for tourism and the Union government would continue to promote tourism in these areas as envisaged by Prime Minister`s Special Package, a government spokesperson said.
The minister was accompanied by Jammu and Kashmir minister for Finance and Ladakh Affairs Abdul Rahim Rather, minister for Tourism and Culture Nawang Rigzin Jora, minister of state for Home Affairs, Nasir Aslam Wani and other senior officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16