Govt mulls giving relaxation to Leh people in ITBP, BSF jobs
Srinagar: Union Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said Centre would consider giving a relaxation in physical standard and qualifications to the people of borders areas in Leh so that they can be recruited in ITBP, BSF and other central security forces.
Shinde said this while interacting with media persons after inaugurating a solar power system in Leh, 434 kms from here.
The power system would cater to the power demands of the people living in these border areas, he said.
The Union Home minister also said that the area has got tremendous potential for tourism and the Union government would continue to promote tourism in these areas as envisaged by Prime Minister`s Special Package, a government spokesperson said.
The minister was accompanied by Jammu and Kashmir minister for Finance and Ladakh Affairs Abdul Rahim Rather, minister for Tourism and Culture Nawang Rigzin Jora, minister of state for Home Affairs, Nasir Aslam Wani and other senior officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi