Govt needs to take Kashmiris into confidence: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: The moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference on Friday said that the Centre should work for amicable solution to the long standing issue for peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
Addressing a public meeting at Gulshan chowk in Bandipora town of north Kashmir, 55 km from here, Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq said, "The government needs to take Kashmiris into confidence...Kashmiris cannot be forced into submission by use of force.
"If India, Pakistan and the world community want peace, prosperity and development in the region, then the Kashmir issue should be resolved on top priority."
He said Hurriyat is ready to extend its support to both the Indian and Pakistani governments provided they involve Kashmiri leadership in the talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...