Govt needs to take Kashmiris into confidence: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: The moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference on Friday said that the Centre should work for amicable solution to the long standing issue for peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
Addressing a public meeting at Gulshan chowk in Bandipora town of north Kashmir, 55 km from here, Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq said, "The government needs to take Kashmiris into confidence...Kashmiris cannot be forced into submission by use of force.
"If India, Pakistan and the world community want peace, prosperity and development in the region, then the Kashmir issue should be resolved on top priority."
He said Hurriyat is ready to extend its support to both the Indian and Pakistani governments provided they involve Kashmiri leadership in the talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened