Govt needs to take Kashmiris into confidence: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: The moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference on Friday said that the Centre should work for amicable solution to the long standing issue for peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
Addressing a public meeting at Gulshan chowk in Bandipora town of north Kashmir, 55 km from here, Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq said, "The government needs to take Kashmiris into confidence...Kashmiris cannot be forced into submission by use of force.
"If India, Pakistan and the world community want peace, prosperity and development in the region, then the Kashmir issue should be resolved on top priority."
He said Hurriyat is ready to extend its support to both the Indian and Pakistani governments provided they involve Kashmiri leadership in the talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report