`Govt non-serious towards rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits`
Srinagar: A Kashmiri Pandit organisation on Friday accused the Centre and the state government of adopting a "non-serious" approach towards the rehabilitation of the community in Jammu and Kashmir.
The outfit, Hindu Welfare Society Kashmir, alleged that even after the sanctioning of Rs 1,600-crore financial package for the return and rehabilitation of migrants, no money has been spent.
"It seems the government wants to force those who are living here to leave," the organisation`s president, A K Rajpuri, told reporters here.
The organisation said the community has been demanding setting up of 30 Anganwari centres, old-age and widow rehabilitation centres, but nothing has been done so far.
"Police and tehsil administration have completed verification process of the locally displaced Hindus for the allotment of residential quarters at Sheikhpora, Budgam, but the government is sitting on the matter," Rajpuri alleged.
He demanded that non-migrant pandits be rehabilitated and an employment package be announced for deserving youth.
The organisation also demanded a probe into the incidents of killings of members of minority communities in Jammu and Kashmir since the eruption of militancy in the state.
"We demand the incidents of Wandhama, Nandimarg and Chattisinghpora be thoroughly probed so that facts are established...A specific community should not be blamed," Rajpuri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state