`Govt non-serious towards rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits`
Srinagar: A Kashmiri Pandit organisation on Friday accused the Centre and the state government of adopting a "non-serious" approach towards the rehabilitation of the community in Jammu and Kashmir.
The outfit, Hindu Welfare Society Kashmir, alleged that even after the sanctioning of Rs 1,600-crore financial package for the return and rehabilitation of migrants, no money has been spent.
"It seems the government wants to force those who are living here to leave," the organisation`s president, A K Rajpuri, told reporters here.
The organisation said the community has been demanding setting up of 30 Anganwari centres, old-age and widow rehabilitation centres, but nothing has been done so far.
"Police and tehsil administration have completed verification process of the locally displaced Hindus for the allotment of residential quarters at Sheikhpora, Budgam, but the government is sitting on the matter," Rajpuri alleged.
He demanded that non-migrant pandits be rehabilitated and an employment package be announced for deserving youth.
The organisation also demanded a probe into the incidents of killings of members of minority communities in Jammu and Kashmir since the eruption of militancy in the state.
"We demand the incidents of Wandhama, Nandimarg and Chattisinghpora be thoroughly probed so that facts are established...A specific community should not be blamed," Rajpuri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi