Govt offices in Jammu to open at 8 am during summers
Jammu: Summer timings will come into effect at the government offices and educational institutions in Jammu region from May 01.
As per a notification issued by Jammu Divisional Commissioner Pradeep Gupta, the summer working hours in the State Government Offices and educational institutions located in various districts of Jammu Division will come into effect from May 01 to September 30, 2013.
The timing in Jammu, Udhampur, Rajouri, Samba, Reasi, Kathua Districts (except tehsil Bani) shall be from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, it said.
The notification further said that in tehsil Bani (Kathua district) the timing will be from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm in government offices and educational institutions, besides Poonch District, Ramban District (except Ramban Tehsil and Niabat Batote of tehsil Ramban).
In Doda, Kishtwar (except tehsil Doda) the working hours shall be from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm for both government offices as well as educational institutions, whereas in tehsil Doda, the timing shall be from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm in government offices and from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm in educational institutions, the notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre