Govt school teacher suspended for misconduct
Srinagar: A government school teacher in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district has been suspended after a photograph appeared online showing him relaxing on a chair as school children massaged his legs.
Bashir Ahmad Bhat, posted as a government primary school teacher in Kasnaad area Khiram, was suspended yesterday after the photograph went viral on social networking site Facebook, triggering widespread criticism.
The photograph was reportedly uploaded by villagers to highlight the misconduct and misuse of authority by Bhat.
Taking cognisance of the matter, Directorate of Education, Kashmir, placed the teacher under suspension and ordered a departmental enquiry into the incident.
"We have placed the teacher under suspension with immediate effect and formed two teams to investigate the charges against him," Chief Education Officer, Anantnag, Ghulam Rasool Shah told PTI.
He said the inquiry officers have been asked to submit their report within two days, so that further action can be taken against the teacher.
Shah said both the teams have visited the school to get first-hand account of the case incident from the students and the villagers.
The villagers alleged that the teacher used to make school children do his personal chores and even made them wash his car. They demanded strict action against Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj