Govt school teacher suspended for misconduct
Srinagar: A government school teacher in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district has been suspended after a photograph appeared online showing him relaxing on a chair as school children massaged his legs.
Bashir Ahmad Bhat, posted as a government primary school teacher in Kasnaad area Khiram, was suspended yesterday after the photograph went viral on social networking site Facebook, triggering widespread criticism.
The photograph was reportedly uploaded by villagers to highlight the misconduct and misuse of authority by Bhat.
Taking cognisance of the matter, Directorate of Education, Kashmir, placed the teacher under suspension and ordered a departmental enquiry into the incident.
"We have placed the teacher under suspension with immediate effect and formed two teams to investigate the charges against him," Chief Education Officer, Anantnag, Ghulam Rasool Shah told PTI.
He said the inquiry officers have been asked to submit their report within two days, so that further action can be taken against the teacher.
Shah said both the teams have visited the school to get first-hand account of the case incident from the students and the villagers.
The villagers alleged that the teacher used to make school children do his personal chores and even made them wash his car. They demanded strict action against Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"