Govt school teacher suspended for misconduct
Srinagar: A government school teacher in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district has been suspended after a photograph appeared online showing him relaxing on a chair as school children massaged his legs.
Bashir Ahmad Bhat, posted as a government primary school teacher in Kasnaad area Khiram, was suspended yesterday after the photograph went viral on social networking site Facebook, triggering widespread criticism.
The photograph was reportedly uploaded by villagers to highlight the misconduct and misuse of authority by Bhat.
Taking cognisance of the matter, Directorate of Education, Kashmir, placed the teacher under suspension and ordered a departmental enquiry into the incident.
"We have placed the teacher under suspension with immediate effect and formed two teams to investigate the charges against him," Chief Education Officer, Anantnag, Ghulam Rasool Shah told PTI.
He said the inquiry officers have been asked to submit their report within two days, so that further action can be taken against the teacher.
Shah said both the teams have visited the school to get first-hand account of the case incident from the students and the villagers.
The villagers alleged that the teacher used to make school children do his personal chores and even made them wash his car. They demanded strict action against Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered