‘Govt should remove security of separatists’
Jammu: Irked over the J&K government`s
decision to revoke Armed Forces Special Powers Act from some
areas of the state, Sri Ram Sena on Friday demanded that it should
first withdraw security cover given to separatists and
"If the government thinks that security situation has
bettered, foot-prints of militancy has been wiped out from
some areas of J&K, they should withdraw security of
separatists and surrender their security and other politicians
ahead of removing AFSPA," state president of Sri Ram Sena,
Rajiv Mahajan told reporters here.
The withdrawal of army means putting public to risk as
militancy has not been wiped out completely in the state, he
Mahajan credited the army for providing safety to common
man in the Kashmir Valley, adding that it is due to the
army`s deployment that tourism has increased and people feel
more safe and secure.
"Let the government lift the PSOs and security from these
leaders," he contended.
The situation will worsen if army is withdrawn from the
Valley and there is every apprehension that the situation will
become the same as in 1989, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- DNA: Analysis of the plight of Onion farmers in India
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output
- IMF said Greece needs 'unconditional' debt relief from EU creditors
- Man who wanted to “shake hands with lions” arrested!
- Manipur HSLC Results 2016 : (manresult.nic.in) Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016, BSEM 10th (HSLC) Results to be declared today
- President seeks more information on NEET Ordinance