Govt suppressing democratic activities, alleges Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government was suppressing democratic activities of the amalgam.
"They (the government) are muzzling the voice of the people," Geelani said in a statement after a meeting of the Hurriryat Conference at his Hyderpora residence here.
Representatives of various constituents of the amalgam at the meeting alleged a ban was imposed on their seminars on November six and 10, a Hurriyat spokesman said.
Commenting on the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, the spokesman alleged the Centre was directly ruling Kashmir.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress