Govt suppressing democratic activities, alleges Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government was suppressing democratic activities of the amalgam.
"They (the government) are muzzling the voice of the people," Geelani said in a statement after a meeting of the Hurriryat Conference at his Hyderpora residence here.
Representatives of various constituents of the amalgam at the meeting alleged a ban was imposed on their seminars on November six and 10, a Hurriyat spokesman said.
Commenting on the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, the spokesman alleged the Centre was directly ruling Kashmir.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'