Govt suppressing democratic activities, alleges Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government was suppressing democratic activities of the amalgam.
"They (the government) are muzzling the voice of the people," Geelani said in a statement after a meeting of the Hurriryat Conference at his Hyderpora residence here.
Representatives of various constituents of the amalgam at the meeting alleged a ban was imposed on their seminars on November six and 10, a Hurriyat spokesman said.
Commenting on the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, the spokesman alleged the Centre was directly ruling Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what