Govt suppressing democratic activities, alleges Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government was suppressing democratic activities of the amalgam.
"They (the government) are muzzling the voice of the people," Geelani said in a statement after a meeting of the Hurriryat Conference at his Hyderpora residence here.
Representatives of various constituents of the amalgam at the meeting alleged a ban was imposed on their seminars on November six and 10, a Hurriyat spokesman said.
Commenting on the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, the spokesman alleged the Centre was directly ruling Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened