Govt suppressing democratic activities, alleges Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government was suppressing democratic activities of the amalgam.
"They (the government) are muzzling the voice of the people," Geelani said in a statement after a meeting of the Hurriryat Conference at his Hyderpora residence here.
Representatives of various constituents of the amalgam at the meeting alleged a ban was imposed on their seminars on November six and 10, a Hurriyat spokesman said.
Commenting on the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, the spokesman alleged the Centre was directly ruling Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!