Govt to continue efforts for lifting travel advisories: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government would continue its efforts to get adverse travel advisories lifted to rope in high-end tourists to the state, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Tuesday.
"Trade and tourism are the two significant pillars of economy and these complement each other in their growth. Government would continue its efforts to get travel advisories lifted by US and other countries to rope in high-end tourists to the state," Omar said.
The Chief Minister expressed hope that current tourist season will be blooming and highly prolific.
"As a tourist state the growth and development of economy in Jammu and Kashmir is largely associated with successful and productive tourist seasons," he said during a meeting of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), J&K Chapter, led by President Anil Mahajan.
He said that holistic development of local entrepreneurs has been flagged as a priority concern by the government in its industrial development policy.
"Government would continue to help and facilitate local industrialists to invest in joint ventures, in PPP mode projects and launch of their individual projects in the private sector," he insisted.
Omar also said that the government would provide all help to the CII to showcase state handicrafts and tourist potential all over the world.
Minister for Tourism, G A Mir, and Commissioner Secretary Industries and Commerce, Shantmanu, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka