Govt to continue efforts for lifting travel advisories: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government would continue its efforts to get adverse travel advisories lifted to rope in high-end tourists to the state, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Tuesday.
"Trade and tourism are the two significant pillars of economy and these complement each other in their growth. Government would continue its efforts to get travel advisories lifted by US and other countries to rope in high-end tourists to the state," Omar said.
The Chief Minister expressed hope that current tourist season will be blooming and highly prolific.
"As a tourist state the growth and development of economy in Jammu and Kashmir is largely associated with successful and productive tourist seasons," he said during a meeting of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), J&K Chapter, led by President Anil Mahajan.
He said that holistic development of local entrepreneurs has been flagged as a priority concern by the government in its industrial development policy.
"Government would continue to help and facilitate local industrialists to invest in joint ventures, in PPP mode projects and launch of their individual projects in the private sector," he insisted.
Omar also said that the government would provide all help to the CII to showcase state handicrafts and tourist potential all over the world.
Minister for Tourism, G A Mir, and Commissioner Secretary Industries and Commerce, Shantmanu, were also present on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!