Govt to continue efforts for lifting travel advisories: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government would continue its efforts to get adverse travel advisories lifted to rope in high-end tourists to the state, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Tuesday.
"Trade and tourism are the two significant pillars of economy and these complement each other in their growth. Government would continue its efforts to get travel advisories lifted by US and other countries to rope in high-end tourists to the state," Omar said.
The Chief Minister expressed hope that current tourist season will be blooming and highly prolific.
"As a tourist state the growth and development of economy in Jammu and Kashmir is largely associated with successful and productive tourist seasons," he said during a meeting of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), J&K Chapter, led by President Anil Mahajan.
He said that holistic development of local entrepreneurs has been flagged as a priority concern by the government in its industrial development policy.
"Government would continue to help and facilitate local industrialists to invest in joint ventures, in PPP mode projects and launch of their individual projects in the private sector," he insisted.
Omar also said that the government would provide all help to the CII to showcase state handicrafts and tourist potential all over the world.
Minister for Tourism, G A Mir, and Commissioner Secretary Industries and Commerce, Shantmanu, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni