Govt to continue efforts for lifting travel advisories: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government would continue its efforts to get adverse travel advisories lifted to rope in high-end tourists to the state, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Tuesday.
"Trade and tourism are the two significant pillars of economy and these complement each other in their growth. Government would continue its efforts to get travel advisories lifted by US and other countries to rope in high-end tourists to the state," Omar said.
The Chief Minister expressed hope that current tourist season will be blooming and highly prolific.
"As a tourist state the growth and development of economy in Jammu and Kashmir is largely associated with successful and productive tourist seasons," he said during a meeting of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), J&K Chapter, led by President Anil Mahajan.
He said that holistic development of local entrepreneurs has been flagged as a priority concern by the government in its industrial development policy.
"Government would continue to help and facilitate local industrialists to invest in joint ventures, in PPP mode projects and launch of their individual projects in the private sector," he insisted.
Omar also said that the government would provide all help to the CII to showcase state handicrafts and tourist potential all over the world.
Minister for Tourism, G A Mir, and Commissioner Secretary Industries and Commerce, Shantmanu, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM