`Govt working for 100 per cent school registration`
Jammu: Stressing on improving enrollment in government schools, Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Friday said government was aiming at cent per cent registration in educational institutions.
"Focused approach has to be followed for ensuring 100 per cent enrollment of children in respective institutions," said the Dy CM while addressing a meeting to review the progress of the education department.
"The education department is working on the roadmap to achieve the target of cent percent registration in schools, but this ambitious target needs help from all quarters of the society," he said.
Tara Chand appealed to parents and members of the civil society to be partners with the department in achieving the objective of spreading education in the state.
"No child should be left behind in the revolution to spread education in the state and teachers have to sensitize parents and involve local panchayat representatives in rural areas for ensuring enrolment of every single child," he said.
The Deputy Chief Minister said tehsil and block level database would be compiled to formulate a comprehensive strategy to contain the school dropout rate.
He also directed the zonal officers to inspect schools and report on requirements with respect to boundary wall, repairs, additional rooms, drinking water facilities and wash rooms for students.
Tara Chand, meanwhile, informed that over 4,700 posts of teachers under all categories in 526 schools of the state have been created and honorarium of Rehbar-e-Taleem teachers have been enhanced from Rs 1,500 to Rs 3,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP