`Govt working for 100 per cent school registration`
Jammu: Stressing on improving enrollment in government schools, Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Friday said government was aiming at cent per cent registration in educational institutions.
"Focused approach has to be followed for ensuring 100 per cent enrollment of children in respective institutions," said the Dy CM while addressing a meeting to review the progress of the education department.
"The education department is working on the roadmap to achieve the target of cent percent registration in schools, but this ambitious target needs help from all quarters of the society," he said.
Tara Chand appealed to parents and members of the civil society to be partners with the department in achieving the objective of spreading education in the state.
"No child should be left behind in the revolution to spread education in the state and teachers have to sensitize parents and involve local panchayat representatives in rural areas for ensuring enrolment of every single child," he said.
The Deputy Chief Minister said tehsil and block level database would be compiled to formulate a comprehensive strategy to contain the school dropout rate.
He also directed the zonal officers to inspect schools and report on requirements with respect to boundary wall, repairs, additional rooms, drinking water facilities and wash rooms for students.
Tara Chand, meanwhile, informed that over 4,700 posts of teachers under all categories in 526 schools of the state have been created and honorarium of Rehbar-e-Taleem teachers have been enhanced from Rs 1,500 to Rs 3,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama