Grant special status for Gaddis, Sippis in J&K: BJ
Jammu: Lashing out at successive governments
for "discriminating" with the Gaddis and Sippis in Jammu and
Kashmir, BJP on Wednesday demanded special status for the community
in the state.
"We demand special status for the Gaddis and Sippis
community of Jammu and Kashmir. They are being discriminated
against by successive governments," Senior BJP leader and
member of BJP National executive Dr Nirmal Singh told
reporters here today.
Singh said there is about 2.5 lakh population of Gaddis
and Sippis living in different areas of Jammu Province,
including Basholi, Kathua, Udhampur, Rajouri and Poonch but
despite falling under Scheduled Tribes category and they are
not being treated on par with the Gujjars and Bakerwals of the
Jammu and Kashmir Gujjar Advisory Board is giving all
benefits to the members of Gujjar and Bakerwal community as
they represent majority in the state, whereas Gaddis and
Sippis, being the members of minority community, have always
been neglected and deprived of their rights, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi