`Grateful` for Rahul`s backing: Omar
New Delhi: Facing criticism over his handling of the unrest in Kashmir Valley, J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday said he was "grateful" to RahulGandhi for backing him.
"I am very grateful for his backing, but I am not saying anything...Whatever, I have to say I will say to Rahul personally," Omar said when asked about the Congress General Secretary`s words of support for him.
Rahul, while addressing a press conference in Kolkata, said "The government has supported Omar Abdullah. National Conference is the party in power. He is a youngster. Kashmir is a difficult place. Omar is doing a tough job and he should be given time and support." He was asked whether Omar had failed in dealing with the situation in Kashmir valley hit by unrest for the past three months.
Rahul`s remarks came amidst reports of a meeting between PDP patron Mufti Mohammed Sayeed and Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday night that raised speculation over possible new political realignment in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed