`Grateful` for Rahul`s backing: Omar
New Delhi: Facing criticism over his handling of the unrest in Kashmir Valley, J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday said he was "grateful" to RahulGandhi for backing him.
"I am very grateful for his backing, but I am not saying anything...Whatever, I have to say I will say to Rahul personally," Omar said when asked about the Congress General Secretary`s words of support for him.
Rahul, while addressing a press conference in Kolkata, said "The government has supported Omar Abdullah. National Conference is the party in power. He is a youngster. Kashmir is a difficult place. Omar is doing a tough job and he should be given time and support." He was asked whether Omar had failed in dealing with the situation in Kashmir valley hit by unrest for the past three months.
Rahul`s remarks came amidst reports of a meeting between PDP patron Mufti Mohammed Sayeed and Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday night that raised speculation over possible new political realignment in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued