`Grateful` for Rahul`s backing: Omar
New Delhi: Facing criticism over his handling of the unrest in Kashmir Valley, J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday said he was "grateful" to RahulGandhi for backing him.
"I am very grateful for his backing, but I am not saying anything...Whatever, I have to say I will say to Rahul personally," Omar said when asked about the Congress General Secretary`s words of support for him.
Rahul, while addressing a press conference in Kolkata, said "The government has supported Omar Abdullah. National Conference is the party in power. He is a youngster. Kashmir is a difficult place. Omar is doing a tough job and he should be given time and support." He was asked whether Omar had failed in dealing with the situation in Kashmir valley hit by unrest for the past three months.
Rahul`s remarks came amidst reports of a meeting between PDP patron Mufti Mohammed Sayeed and Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday night that raised speculation over possible new political realignment in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal