Grenade attack at CRPF camp in J&K’s Sopore
Srinagar: Militants on Friday carried out a grenade attack on a CRPF picket in Sopore township of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, causing panic in the area.
"The militants hurled a grenade at CRPF picket near Sopore bus stand, but there was no damage in the incident," SP (Sopore) Imtiyaz Hussain said.
The grenade missed the intended target and exploded on the road, Hussain added.
Official sources said the explosion caused panic among the passersby who ran for their safety.
The area has been cordoned off and a hunt has been launched to nab the militants, they said. No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?