Grenade attack at CRPF camp in J&K’s Sopore
Srinagar: Militants on Friday carried out a grenade attack on a CRPF picket in Sopore township of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, causing panic in the area.
"The militants hurled a grenade at CRPF picket near Sopore bus stand, but there was no damage in the incident," SP (Sopore) Imtiyaz Hussain said.
The grenade missed the intended target and exploded on the road, Hussain added.
Official sources said the explosion caused panic among the passersby who ran for their safety.
The area has been cordoned off and a hunt has been launched to nab the militants, they said. No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand