Grenade attack in Pulwama: 12 policemen, civilian wounded
Srinagar: Twelve policemen and a civilian were injured when suspected militants carried out a grenade attack in Jammu and Kashmir`s Pulwama district on Saturday.
Some unidentified ultras hurled a grenade on a police patrol at Muran Chowk in Pulwama town, 32-km from here, at around 4 pm, a police spokesman said.
He said 12 policemen and a civilian were injured in the strike and were admitted to hospital. The attack, which sparked panic in the area, came when security forces were put on high alert in the valley in view of Zubin Mehta`s concert at Shalimar Gardens on the banks of Dal Lake.
The entire area was immediately cordoned off and a hunt launched to nab the militants responsible for the attack. No militant outfit has claimed responsbility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics