Grenade attack on CRPF personnel in Srinagar
Srinagar: At least four CRPF personnel were
injured in a grenade attack by militants near a police station
in downtown Srinagar on Sunday.
Unidentified militants hurled a grenade towards a group
of CRPF personnel at Pather Masjid near Maharaj Gunj Police
Station around 3.15 PM, injuring four jawans, official sources
They said the injured jawans were shifted to hospital,
where condition of one of them was stated to be "critical".
A manhunt has been launched for the militants involved
in the grenade attack, which sparked panic in the old city
with people running helter-skelter after the blast.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility
for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred