Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir
Srinagar: Separatist militants hurled two hand grenades at the house of a senior Congress leader and a paramilitary patrol team in North Kashmir`s Sopore town Tuesday morning, police said. No one was injured in the explosions.
A senior police officer said the guerrillas hurled a grenade which exploded near the house of a senior Congress leader Ghulam Rasool Kar, smashing some window panes of the house.
However, no one was injured in the explosion.
Guerrillas also tried to target a Central Reserve Police Force patrol near the main bus stand by hurling a grenade which, however, missed the target.
"No one was injured in the two grenade blasts," the police officer said.
Guerrillas had late Monday night gunned down two sisters in the Muslim Peer locality of the town, where security arrangements have been beefed up.
Sopore is 54 km from here in Baramulla district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH