Grenade explosion in J&K; one dead, 5 injured
Jammu: In a possible terror strike, one person was killed and five were injured when a grenade explosion took place outside a wine shop in Narwal in the city on Saturday, police said.
Prelimnary information said a grenade was hurled at the wine shop at Narwal, south of Jammu city, at 1910 hours, police said.
One person identified as Kuldeep Raj, a resident of Akhnoor succummed to inuries while five others -- Amarnath, Rajinder Singh, Rakesh Singh, Ramu and Pradeep Kumar -- were being treated at various hospitals.
Police were ascertaining the nature of the explosion.
This is the second attack on a wine shop in the state and Pakistan-based Hizbul Mujahideen are suspected to be behind it.
One person was killed and four others injured when militants had attacked a wine shop in Dalgate area of Srinagar earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!