Grenade explosion in J&K; one dead, 5 injured
Jammu: In a possible terror strike, one person was killed and five were injured when a grenade explosion took place outside a wine shop in Narwal in the city on Saturday, police said.
Prelimnary information said a grenade was hurled at the wine shop at Narwal, south of Jammu city, at 1910 hours, police said.
One person identified as Kuldeep Raj, a resident of Akhnoor succummed to inuries while five others -- Amarnath, Rajinder Singh, Rakesh Singh, Ramu and Pradeep Kumar -- were being treated at various hospitals.
Police were ascertaining the nature of the explosion.
This is the second attack on a wine shop in the state and Pakistan-based Hizbul Mujahideen are suspected to be behind it.
One person was killed and four others injured when militants had attacked a wine shop in Dalgate area of Srinagar earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened