Grenade explosion in J&K; one dead, 5 injured
Jammu: In a possible terror strike, one person was killed and five were injured when a grenade explosion took place outside a wine shop in Narwal in the city on Saturday, police said.
Prelimnary information said a grenade was hurled at the wine shop at Narwal, south of Jammu city, at 1910 hours, police said.
One person identified as Kuldeep Raj, a resident of Akhnoor succummed to inuries while five others -- Amarnath, Rajinder Singh, Rakesh Singh, Ramu and Pradeep Kumar -- were being treated at various hospitals.
Police were ascertaining the nature of the explosion.
This is the second attack on a wine shop in the state and Pakistan-based Hizbul Mujahideen are suspected to be behind it.
One person was killed and four others injured when militants had attacked a wine shop in Dalgate area of Srinagar earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune