Guerrilla hideout busted in Kashmir
Jammu: Security forces Wednesday busted a guerrilla hideout in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir and recovered a large cache of arms and ammunition, a defence spokesman said.
"Based on specific intelligence inputs about a hideout, a joint operation was launched today (Wednesday) by Rashtriya Rifles and police in Nilman forest of Raigarh bowl in Ramban district," spokesman Col. Manish Mehta told IANS.
A huge cache of arms and ammunition was rec overed from the hideout. The seized goods included an AK 56 rifle with two magazines, a .303 rifle with a magazine, 57 rounds of 7.62 mm SLR, a radio transceiver, an IED circuit, two hand grenade fuses, a solar charging plate and a leather belt for carrying ammunition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire