Guerrilla hideout busted in Kashmir
Jammu: Security forces Wednesday busted a guerrilla hideout in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir and recovered a large cache of arms and ammunition, a defence spokesman said.
"Based on specific intelligence inputs about a hideout, a joint operation was launched today (Wednesday) by Rashtriya Rifles and police in Nilman forest of Raigarh bowl in Ramban district," spokesman Col. Manish Mehta told IANS.
A huge cache of arms and ammunition was rec overed from the hideout. The seized goods included an AK 56 rifle with two magazines, a .303 rifle with a magazine, 57 rounds of 7.62 mm SLR, a radio transceiver, an IED circuit, two hand grenade fuses, a solar charging plate and a leather belt for carrying ammunition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video