Guerrilla hideout busted in Kashmir
Srinagar: A guerrilla hideout was busted in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district and a large cache of arms and ammunition seized, defence officials said.
"Based on a specific intelligence input, a joint operation was launched by a Rashtriya Rifles unit and Jammu and Kashmir Police in Baramulla which resulted in the busting of a terrorist hideout and recovery of a large cache of arms and ammunition," defence spokesman, Col NN Joshi told IANS here.
He said a joint operation was launched in Hajibal area of Baramulla on receipt of specific intelligence.
"During the search of the area, troops busted a terrorist hideout and recovered an AK-47 rifle and two magazines, two pistols and two magazines, 225 rounds of AK ammunition, 3 UBGL grenades, 19 RPG rockets, five radio sets, one communication set, one binocular, 13 detonators and five kg explosives," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'