Guerrilla hideout busted in Kashmir
Srinagar: A guerrilla hideout was busted in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district and a large cache of arms and ammunition seized, defence officials said.
"Based on a specific intelligence input, a joint operation was launched by a Rashtriya Rifles unit and Jammu and Kashmir Police in Baramulla which resulted in the busting of a terrorist hideout and recovery of a large cache of arms and ammunition," defence spokesman, Col NN Joshi told IANS here.
He said a joint operation was launched in Hajibal area of Baramulla on receipt of specific intelligence.
"During the search of the area, troops busted a terrorist hideout and recovered an AK-47 rifle and two magazines, two pistols and two magazines, 225 rounds of AK ammunition, 3 UBGL grenades, 19 RPG rockets, five radio sets, one communication set, one binocular, 13 detonators and five kg explosives," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened