Guerrilla killed in Kashmir gun fight
Srinagar: One separatist guerrilla was killed in Kashmir`s Kupwara district after a gun fight with the security forces late Tuesday, a police officer said.
Troops of counter-insurgency Rashtriya Rifles (RR) and the Special Operations Group (SOG) of the state police challenged a group of militants in Kupwara district`s Kaninar (Lolab) village, 135 km from here, Tuesday evening, the officer said Wednesday.
"The militants opened fire at the security forces, triggering an encounter. One militant has been killed in this operation so far," he added.
"Searches are still going on in the area and the identity of the slain militant is being established," the officer said.
The officer said the security forces did not suffer any casualty in the gunfight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media