Guerrilla killed in Kashmir gun fight
Srinagar: One separatist guerrilla was killed in Kashmir`s Kupwara district after a gun fight with the security forces late Tuesday, a police officer said.
Troops of counter-insurgency Rashtriya Rifles (RR) and the Special Operations Group (SOG) of the state police challenged a group of militants in Kupwara district`s Kaninar (Lolab) village, 135 km from here, Tuesday evening, the officer said Wednesday.
"The militants opened fire at the security forces, triggering an encounter. One militant has been killed in this operation so far," he added.
"Searches are still going on in the area and the identity of the slain militant is being established," the officer said.
The officer said the security forces did not suffer any casualty in the gunfight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery