Guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: One separatist guerrilla was killed in a gunfight with the Army in Kashmir`s Baramulla district, police said on Sunday.
"One terrorist has been killed in the gunfight that started late Saturday evening between terrorists and the army in Mohra village of Baramulla district," Lieutenant colonel JS Brar, spokesman of Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps, told a news agency.
The identity of the slain guerrilla is yet to be known.
"The gunfight has stopped in the area, but the searches are on," Brar said.
Mohra village is situated on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway, 78 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi