Guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: One separatist guerrilla was killed in a gunfight with the Army in Kashmir`s Baramulla district, police said on Sunday.
"One terrorist has been killed in the gunfight that started late Saturday evening between terrorists and the army in Mohra village of Baramulla district," Lieutenant colonel JS Brar, spokesman of Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps, told a news agency.
The identity of the slain guerrilla is yet to be known.
"The gunfight has stopped in the area, but the searches are on," Brar said.
Mohra village is situated on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway, 78 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’