Guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: One separatist guerrilla was killed in a gunfight with the Army in Kashmir`s Baramulla district, police said on Sunday.
"One terrorist has been killed in the gunfight that started late Saturday evening between terrorists and the army in Mohra village of Baramulla district," Lieutenant colonel JS Brar, spokesman of Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps, told a news agency.
The identity of the slain guerrilla is yet to be known.
"The gunfight has stopped in the area, but the searches are on," Brar said.
Mohra village is situated on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway, 78 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket