Guerrillas attack police post in Kashmir
Srinagar: Guerrillas attacked a police post in Jammu and Kashmir`s Badgam district late Friday, an official said Saturday, adding the militants injured a constable and decamped with three rifles.
"Militants late last (Friday) evening attacked the guard barrack at Pakherpora (Badgam)," a senior police officer told IANS here.
"Two militants entered the barrack where they hit constable Shabir Ahmad with an iron rod and fired at him. Militants escaped with three self-loading rifles (SLRs)," the officer added.
The guards were posted at the local shrine in Pakherpora.
The injured constable was shifted to a hospital where doctors said his condition was critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says