Gujarat polls outcome will not affect 2014 General Elections: Omar
Baramulla: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said the outcome of Gujarat State Assembly elections should not be seen as a reflection on the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls scheduled to be held in 2014.
"The state election is a state election and it should not be seen as a reflection of parliament polls," Omar told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
He said a classic example of this was the outcome of last Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh.
"Congress did better in terms of the number of seats in the Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh but did not do as well when the same people voted in the Assembly polls. Parliament election is a different chapter because the elections are held at national level," he said.
The chief minister refused to comment on the exit polls which have predicted a hat-trick of wins for BJP in Gujarat.
"Opinion polls as we know can be wrong at times. We will see when the results are declared," Omar said in response to a question about the performance of Congress in Gujarat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview