Gujarat polls outcome will not affect 2014 General Elections: Omar
Baramulla: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said the outcome of Gujarat State Assembly elections should not be seen as a reflection on the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls scheduled to be held in 2014.
"The state election is a state election and it should not be seen as a reflection of parliament polls," Omar told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
He said a classic example of this was the outcome of last Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh.
"Congress did better in terms of the number of seats in the Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh but did not do as well when the same people voted in the Assembly polls. Parliament election is a different chapter because the elections are held at national level," he said.
The chief minister refused to comment on the exit polls which have predicted a hat-trick of wins for BJP in Gujarat.
"Opinion polls as we know can be wrong at times. We will see when the results are declared," Omar said in response to a question about the performance of Congress in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video