Gujjars in J&K break away from ABGM to create separate outfit
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir today broke away its allegiance from Akhil Bhartiya Gurjar Mahasabha (ABGM) to constitute an independent outfit for themselves to focus on state-specific needs of the community.
A separate state organisation `Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasaba` (BGM) was constituted here today with Ishfaq ul Rehman Poswal representing as its president.
"Like other non-political organisation working in different states of India for the benefits of Gujjar Community, we have broken away from ABGM Jammu and Kashmir and constituted a separate state organisation under the banner of BGM, J&K," Poswal told reporters here today.
The state president claimed that all district and block level members of ABGM would be shifting to BGM.
Poswal said the main agenda behind the creation of the non-political organisation was to highlight state-specific issues of the community.
"The major issue which is to be highlight through this organisation is to uplift the tribal Gujjars of the state," he said.
The organisation will be affiliated to all the national and state level organisations associated with Gujjar community across the country, he said.
Poswal said the main demands of the organisation included implementation of tribals sub-plan in J&K, rehabilitation of nomads, reservation for Gujjars in block development council, legislative council, assembly and providing recruitment to tribal youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble