Gujjars in J&K break away from ABGM to create separate outfit
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir today broke away its allegiance from Akhil Bhartiya Gurjar Mahasabha (ABGM) to constitute an independent outfit for themselves to focus on state-specific needs of the community.
A separate state organisation `Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasaba` (BGM) was constituted here today with Ishfaq ul Rehman Poswal representing as its president.
"Like other non-political organisation working in different states of India for the benefits of Gujjar Community, we have broken away from ABGM Jammu and Kashmir and constituted a separate state organisation under the banner of BGM, J&K," Poswal told reporters here today.
The state president claimed that all district and block level members of ABGM would be shifting to BGM.
Poswal said the main agenda behind the creation of the non-political organisation was to highlight state-specific issues of the community.
"The major issue which is to be highlight through this organisation is to uplift the tribal Gujjars of the state," he said.
The organisation will be affiliated to all the national and state level organisations associated with Gujjar community across the country, he said.
Poswal said the main demands of the organisation included implementation of tribals sub-plan in J&K, rehabilitation of nomads, reservation for Gujjars in block development council, legislative council, assembly and providing recruitment to tribal youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them