Gujjars want CBI probe into misuse of tribal funds
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday
demanded a CBI probe into the alleged misuse of tribal development funds in the state and sought President`s intervention in this direction.
"We demand a CBI probe into misuse and misappropriation of funds meant for development of Gujjars under tribal plans. The President should intervene to impress upon the Chief
Minister in this direction," Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha
national secretary Choudhary Allah Din Khatana told a press
Flanked by ABGM state president Choudhary Eshfaq-ur-
Rehman Poswal, Khatana alleged the state government is not
serious about developing Gujjar community and crores of rupees
under Tribal schemes are lying unspent.
President Pratibha Patil will be on a two-day visit to
Jammu on November 25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know