Gujjars want CBI probe into misuse of tribal funds
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday
demanded a CBI probe into the alleged misuse of tribal development funds in the state and sought President`s intervention in this direction.
"We demand a CBI probe into misuse and misappropriation of funds meant for development of Gujjars under tribal plans. The President should intervene to impress upon the Chief
Minister in this direction," Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha
national secretary Choudhary Allah Din Khatana told a press
Flanked by ABGM state president Choudhary Eshfaq-ur-
Rehman Poswal, Khatana alleged the state government is not
serious about developing Gujjar community and crores of rupees
under Tribal schemes are lying unspent.
President Pratibha Patil will be on a two-day visit to
Jammu on November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army