Gujjars want CBI probe into misuse of tribal funds
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday
demanded a CBI probe into the alleged misuse of tribal development funds in the state and sought President`s intervention in this direction.
"We demand a CBI probe into misuse and misappropriation of funds meant for development of Gujjars under tribal plans. The President should intervene to impress upon the Chief
Minister in this direction," Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha
national secretary Choudhary Allah Din Khatana told a press
Flanked by ABGM state president Choudhary Eshfaq-ur-
Rehman Poswal, Khatana alleged the state government is not
serious about developing Gujjar community and crores of rupees
under Tribal schemes are lying unspent.
President Pratibha Patil will be on a two-day visit to
Jammu on November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO