Gujjars want CBI probe into misuse of tribal funds
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday
demanded a CBI probe into the alleged misuse of tribal development funds in the state and sought President`s intervention in this direction.
"We demand a CBI probe into misuse and misappropriation of funds meant for development of Gujjars under tribal plans. The President should intervene to impress upon the Chief
Minister in this direction," Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha
national secretary Choudhary Allah Din Khatana told a press
Flanked by ABGM state president Choudhary Eshfaq-ur-
Rehman Poswal, Khatana alleged the state government is not
serious about developing Gujjar community and crores of rupees
under Tribal schemes are lying unspent.
President Pratibha Patil will be on a two-day visit to
Jammu on November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan