Gun goes off, security guard injured in J&K
Jammu: A security guard was injured when a gun went off accidentally at an under-construction Railway tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur district on Monday.
"Security guard Bishan Dass, owner of the .12 bore gun, left an hour before his duty was to end telling another guard to bring his licensed weapon," police said.
"When Yash Paul lifted the gun, it accidentally fell from his hands and went off wounding Preet Kumar, a security guard," they said.
Kumar, who received gunshot wounds in the thigh, was operated upon in a hospital and his condition was stable.
Dass and Paul were arrested in connection with the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal