Gun goes off, security guard injured in J&K
Jammu: A security guard was injured when a gun went off accidentally at an under-construction Railway tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur district on Monday.
"Security guard Bishan Dass, owner of the .12 bore gun, left an hour before his duty was to end telling another guard to bring his licensed weapon," police said.
"When Yash Paul lifted the gun, it accidentally fell from his hands and went off wounding Preet Kumar, a security guard," they said.
Kumar, who received gunshot wounds in the thigh, was operated upon in a hospital and his condition was stable.
Dass and Paul were arrested in connection with the incident, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory