Gun goes off, security guard injured in J&K
Jammu: A security guard was injured when a gun went off accidentally at an under-construction Railway tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur district on Monday.
"Security guard Bishan Dass, owner of the .12 bore gun, left an hour before his duty was to end telling another guard to bring his licensed weapon," police said.
"When Yash Paul lifted the gun, it accidentally fell from his hands and went off wounding Preet Kumar, a security guard," they said.
Kumar, who received gunshot wounds in the thigh, was operated upon in a hospital and his condition was stable.
Dass and Paul were arrested in connection with the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened