Gunbattle between militants, security forces in south Kashmir
Srinagar: A gunbattle broke out between militants and security forces in Kulgam district of south Kashmir today.
Security forces launched a search operation in Nowpora village of Kulgam district, 53 kms from here, following information about presence of militants there, the police said.
As the security personnel were approaching the house where militants were hiding, the ultras opened fire, triggering a gunbattle, the police said.
The operation was in progress when reports last came, they said, adding there were no reports of casualties on either side so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list